Sunday, January 13, 2013

For Packer Fans Only:


My name is Chandler Tindall.  I am a 32 year old husband and father of 2 mini Packer Fans.  I was born in Green Bay, Wisconsin, but I have also lived in Waukesha, Milwaukee, and currently reside in a sleepy little town on the gulf coast called Panama City, Florida.  I have been a Packer fan since 1992, to be more precise, the day Brett took over for the "Magic Man" and stole his mojo, and his job...For the better part of 2 decades.  The last 20 years I have been blessed with countless unforgettable moments that have brought me to such highs and lows that I am almost embarrassed to admit.

I am the oldest of three boys and the son of 2 of the most important people in my life.  Now that we are all grown and our lives have taken us in different directions it is hard to maintain what was once the unbreakable family bond.  No matter where we end up or who we become we will always have the Green Bay Packers.  It is the perfunctory bond that holds us all together.   Don't get me wrong, its not the only thing that keeps us together, but if I haven't spoken to my brother Mitch in a month I will have had no idea what he has been working on.  However, I will know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's going to have something to say when I tell him that "Cedric Benson was the undoing of our offensive identity this year."   Or that as much as I believe Aaron Rodgers may go down as the best quarterback to have ever played the game,  2012 was an indicator that what worked in 2010 will not work in 2013.

The real reason for this blog is to fill the void that is left after the last second ticks off the clock in that final game.

Here are a few things I will be posting on in the next few days: not in order.

1.  Remembering 2012/13-all of it, for better or for worse. With possibly a poem about Pete Carrol.

2.  A look at defending the Read Option Offense: A new toy for offenses to play with before defenses figure out how to stop it.

3.  Donald Driver/My Hero

4.  Should I stay or should I go?  Who will not be a Packer in the 2013/14 season.

2 comments:

  1. Generally enjoyable, but please take a moment to spell-check and have someone check for using the wrong homonym (parody vs parity). I love reading about the pack, but coming across a few of those will stonewall me from proceeding more effectively than our offensive line could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the word "parody" in its correct context. Parity is referring the the number of times a woman can give birth. I don't pretend to be a great writer. I don't have a journalism back-round. As I explained in my first post, I am a die hard Packer Fan. This blog is just that. Packer talk from a fans perspective. I'm sorry if I offended you, that isn't my intention. If you are looking for very well written content I may not be the best guy. Thanks for your input.

      Delete